Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Manor Grove. Our residents are incredible, wonderful, loving people who have lived interesting lives. You will love getting to know them. We have a fun and lively activities department that appreciates your help. You may have a talent/passion that does not involve spending time with the residents – that’s ok too! Perhaps you are a woodworker, landscaper, etc. we welcome those skills as well.
The first thing we need from you is to please click the link below to download and fill out our volunteer form and turn it into Manor Grove.
Requirements to Volunteer
- Volunteer form must be filled out (social security # is required for background check)
- The PPD tests for tuberculosis & must be repeated every year. It’s FREE and provided by Manor Grove
- PPD Shot Instructions:
- Call Michelle at 314-965-0864 x240
- Make an appointment for the shot
- Come back 2 days later to have it read (complete during the week)
- Within 7-14 days have 2nd shot and have it read in 2 days
- Flu shot required during flu season (November – March)
There is a 30-minute orientation. This is our resident’s home so we encourage an appropriate dress code. Please consider a polo type shirt and khaki pants. No open toe shoes. Use your best judgment, please.
- Dining – if this area interests you, please speak to Sondra our Dining Supervisor for details (Sondra has worked for MG for 38 years!)
- Housekeeping & laundry – if this area interests you, please speak to John our Housekeeping Supervisor (John has worked at MG for 21 years!)
- Activities Calendar – if this area interests you please speak to Cynthia our Activities Director for more details.
- Help to get residents to activities.
- Any fun indoor activity, Wii, balloon toss over the net.
- General Companionship – visiting and interviewing residents.
- One on One: Pushing a resident around in a wheelchair around the inside of the facility or outside, assisting with an activity such as looking at a magazine or rubbing hand lotion on someone’s hands, taking an object from the activity box, and encouraging a resident to use the item, etc.
- Playing card games – Bridge, Pinochle, and Majongh (Chinese tile game).
- Decorate for Nurses/CNAWeek.
- If a volunteer has the Hep A shot (any food worker) nursing needs someone to pass out water. Resident drinking water is changed in each room once every shift. Manor Grove can use one person on the day shift and one on the evening shift. Most residents like fresh ice water throughout the day. We put ice and fresh water in insulated cups 3x a day to keep their drinking water cold.
Manor Grove Wish List
- Monarch Way Station would be a wonderful addition to our community and landscape.
- Any special garden ideas – i.e. plant tulip bulbs (Manor Grove will supply plants).
- An outdoor chess/checkerboard table would be lovely for our residents and their families.
- Outdoor book walk (i.e. Walker Lake at Kirkwood Park) would be an interesting addition for children.
- Re-designing our courtyard flowers would be appreciated.
- Helping decorate and do special things for CNA week. We love our nurses/CNAs and CMTs!
- Fun, easy, simple crafts (no scissors for the residents).
- Creating indoor scavenger hunts for the residents.
We are always open to new ideas! If you have a passion please let us know about it.