Manor Grove was founded in 1900 by a group of compassionate women deeply concerned about the health and care of St. Louis’ elderly. By 1907, the Manor Grove women opened their hearts and home to their first elderly couple. Over the years, Manor Grove has refurbished, remodeled and expanded the traditional colonial-style residence.
The expansion in 2005 includes a new wing of 28 private, modern rooms with private baths. From lighting, to room colors, to flooring, the design complements the classic colonial style of the original Manor Grove reflecting its history and tradition. Located on the west side of the main residence, the addition maximizes residents’ private space, while the interior courtyard, wide hallways, sunlit dining and family rooms allow independence and personal gatherings. Today, Manor Grove has the capacity and staffing to accommodate up to 117 residents.
In 2010, Manor Grove added a Rehabilitation and Recovery Wing for those who have been discharged from the hospital but still require short-term rehab and care to make the transition from hospital to home. This specialized Wing has 14 private rooms, on-site rehabilitative therapy and a private dining room for rehab guests.